What to Expect from DiscipleWay training?
What can you expect from us?
The DiscipleWay Trainers will bring you about twenty hours of training in how to implement and use the DiscipleWay tool. This has typically been spread out over three days, Thursday through Saturday, but other schedules are possible and we will work with your church on what best suit your needs.
The training will familiarize you with both the material and philosophy of DiscipleWay and will show you especially how DiscipleWay is different from Sunday School and traditional small group ministries. DiscipleWay is specifically designed to train disciples in a unique small group setting (one leader to no more than three disciples) who will then in turn become disciple makers.
Most participants may be able to lead their own discipleship groups upon completion of this training while others will want to build their confidence by going through lessons on their own or working with others until they gain confidence to lead their own groups.
What is expected from you?
As the sponsoring group there are several practical, financial, and goal expectations that are necessary.
- Video projection is needed in a room set up with tables for all participants. Depending on the size of the group, audio amplification may be necessary.
- Besides the large room, one smaller room is needed for every four or five participants.
- A physical address is required where materials can be mailed.
- One trainer is needed for every five people. Sufficient time is required to ensure enough trainers can be scheduled for your event.
- We will need access to your sanctuary for the lesson from the worship discipline.
- Meals need to be planned that occur during the training event whether onsite (catered or prepared) or at a nearby restaurant. Two considerations:
- Time is of the essence in a weekend training event and meals offsite, unless nearby, can add to the time commitment from attendees.
- Be aware that catered meals will more than likely greatly increase your cost of hosting the training.
- Lodging, meals, and travel expense needs to be provided for the trainers. [Depending on the schedule you choose, the trainers would need to come up the day before to take care of the venue set up. Hotel accommodations are needed for each trainer.]
- Each participant must have the training materials. The cost for each notebook printing varies but should be around $30. This cost could be absorbed from a training fee you set to help cover your expenses. This includes sheets for notes taken during the training presentation as well as the Bible Study Discipline DiscipleWay tool.
- Trainees must be present for the entire training in order to receive their certification that enables them to order the DiscipleWay tools.
- The DiscipleWay Trainer(s) will sit down with the pastor, staff person, or contact person for the training event and share an evaluation of each trainee as well as receive feedback from the event organizer.
- It is highly recommended that the pastor attend or already be trained in DiscipleWay.
Who should attend?
- Invite people who have demonstrated faithfulness to God’s will, God’s word, and God’s work. (This may or may not be a person in a formal leadership position in your church.)
- We recommend that you extend a personal invitation to individuals instead of making a public appeal.
- Determine if you would be willing to open this up to other churches.
Contact Tommy and Judy Wallace for scheduling and cost estimates. One trainer will need to be present for every 5 attendees. Scheduling and cost will vary based on two factors: (1) the number attending and (2) trainer’s availability. Every effort will be made to secure the most qualified lead trainer and other trainers as needed in your area.
501 724 3193 (home)
501 278 6063 (Tommy)
501 281 3886 (Judy)